Saturday, January 23, 2010

I Will to the Best of my Ability, Preserve, Protect and Defend the Constitution

It's 2010, do you know what that means? The census. You know, that form that you fill out once every 10 years that wants information on where you live, your average annual income, and number of people in your household, you know, minor details that you fill out commonly (i.e. when you file for a loan, some raffles, you buy a car). Well, guess which member of Congress will not be filling out this year's census? You guessed it: (your's and my favorite) Michelle Bachmann.

For the past 3 weeks, I have been wanting to write this post, but I was waiting for Rick Sanchez to post the video of his segment on CNN about this. I finally gave up. However, I did find this:



Let me go point by point:

ACORN will be 'finding out all of this information'
ACORN will not know this information. Their role is simply to get the word out on the census' importance and impact (source http://www.factcheck.org/2009/06/acorn-and-the-census/).
It is up to a $5000 fine
Only if you lie on it (better than jail-time for purgery)
28 Page Survey?!
Has she ever been to college? (Let alone do homework for it?)
Does the Federal Government really need to know our phone numbers?
  1. You don't think they have them already
  2. I myself, in response to this, googled Rep. Bachmann and was able to learn of her street address. Her phone number is, however, unlisted.
Mental Stability?
I'm not going to even bother responding to this. It is a futile waste of energy.
Are you a U.S. Citizen?
Representative Bachmann, have you ever been to New York City? If so, did you ask every proprietor of a bodega if they were a U.S. citizen? I'm guessing, on the later, 'no.' Many major cities have illegal immigrants. Wow, what a big suprise!!! However, they are still contributing to the economy. Which is more important: keeping illegals out or stimulating the U.S. economy?
If you fail to respond, you will receive contacts from the census bureau
When I first learned of that case 10 years ago, it was explained to me that it is a necessary evil in order to get readings as accurate as possible. Oh no! Statisticians are doing their jobs!
Internment Camps
Wow. How to explain this one? Well, it is times like these I wish it was possible to tell people that reading census forms in order to single-out an individual is illegal. Wait?! What am I doing?! THE PRESIDENT NOR THE CONGRESS HAVE ACCESS TO YOUR PERSONAL CENSUS INFORMATION - IT IS ILLEGAL FOR THEM TO HAVE IT WITH IDENTIFYING INFORMATION.

Now the reason I wanted Rick Sanchez's video is this: as he explained, guess which state has actually lost population. Minnesota. From the 2010 census, which representative is bound to lose a seat due to reapportionment? Michelle Bachmann.

I think that that all speaks for itself. My only question is if Rep. Bachmann has ever read the Constitution's Article I, Section 2.

No comments:

Post a Comment