Thursday, February 26, 2009

Dem/Rep Response

This post is not meant to be an attack on Bobby Jindal's speech from the other night (there has been enough of that). Rather, it is a question that I hope to have answered. When the President gives a State of the Union (or this case, Nation) address, the opposing party to that of the President's gives a response. My question is: who picks them? Is it the party Chair? Is there a vote? Or does someone just come forward and volunteer. Someone please enlighten me.

1 comment:

  1. I would think that the party chair asks people to do it. Given Jindal's position as a (former) up and coming star, he'd be a logical choice to get national attention. I am 100% sure that Jindal would get to accept or reject giving the speech. If he had any common sense, following an Obama speech like that would crush any future hopes.

    ReplyDelete